- This event has passed.
SHDP Symposium 1993: Mathematical Education
May 4, 1993
A group of world-class mathematicians, scientists, and professors of mathematical education explored the role of mathematics in different academic disciplines. Speakers included:
- Gregory Chaitin on pure mathematics
- Bill Saslaw on mathematics and astrophysics
- Sidney Brenner on mathematics and life sciences
- Geoffrey Harcourt on mathematics and economics
- Geoff Parks on mathematics and engineering
- Terezinha Nunes spoke on learning mathematics through practical tasks in developing countries.